Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Sneaky Ogre

Okay,

I didn't like the new look of the blog the past couple weeks so I reverted back to the good old days... mmmmmmmmm... welcome home.

A few weeks ago, in class we were given the assignment to create an illustration including an Ogre, and a whole huge list of other things. It was a great exercise but in class we stopped short of doing a final piece. Anyway, I liked the composition enough that I feel inspired to take it to a final piece, and share the process with you.

Anyway,  Here are the thumbnails I worked up.


After narrowing down to the Thumbnail I felt was working the best I reworked it paying a little closer attention to positioning.


Then came the comp in which I payed attention to detail and placement even more.


this is as far as we got in class... which left me all gung ho to do more! So, I've brought the comp into Photoshop and have begun messing around with it. 

Next time I'll post my progress on the piece.

yeah... art stuff.


No comments: